Waiting for the storm to hit

I know the whole “calm before the storm” thing is a little cliché.  Sorry.  It just really seems to fit how I feel.  So I’ll just get it over with and say that I’m in the calm before the storm. 

I’m now on my full zofran regime.  I had to start that yesterday at work.  8 mg every 6 hours.  I’m not waking to take it through the night.  Yet. 

I’m becoming a slave to the clock.

5:45 AM: stick zofran in mouth and lay back down.

7:00 AM: multivitamin, ginger, unisom/B6, colace, pepcid, folic acid

10:00 AM: unisom/B6, ginger

12:00 PM: zofran, colace, ginger

1:00 PM: unisom/B6

3:00 PM: unisom/B6

6:00 PM: unisom/B6, zofran, colace, ginger

9:00 PM: unisom/B6, folic Acid, pepcid, sleep

So far, I’ve been trying to keep track of all of that in my head.  It’s pretty hard to do.

I’ve had tiny waves of nausea breaking through here and there.  Teeny, tiny nausea.  Not enough to make me need to sit down, but enough to let me know it’s there.  Enough that this morning, I started coughing that very special cough in the shower.  That cough that’s less of a cough and more of a gag.  A few times I’ve thought I needed to burp, but it’s only a gag.

Mostly, I feel pretty reasonable, but I can tell when it’s time to take a med again.  That’s when the monster gives me a little lick on the back of the neck just to let me know it’s there and waiting.

I’ve been doing a whole lot of eating.  Right now, the eating helps keep those tiny prickles of nausea away.  I’m eating all the things I won’t be able to eat later on.  Last night Juan surpised me with raqulette!  It was like a mini-celebration.  That is a treat any time, but it’s especially a treat now.  I had onion rings and part of a burger for lunch today.  I didn’t eat much.  It didn’t make me sick, but the flavors just didn’t appeal to me.  The sweet potato fries and the pickles were pretty good, so many thanks to my friend H for letting me bogart some. 

The ptyalism kicked in again after lunch.  I’m not feeling nauseated, but I definitely just want to be a bump on a rock.  My frown is not upside down.

I wonder what my last meal will be?  Last time, it was a Chipotle burrito.  Maybe it will be a burger and onion rings.

I wonder if my “bad smell” will be the same?  Last time it was the smell of horrible rotten cottage cheese that emanated from the refrigerator.  Note: there was not any actual cottage cheese present.  Not ever.  Will it be the same?  Will I have a new smell this time?

I spoke to our HR lead yesterday.  She said to wait to tell my boss.  Employment law and disability leave is apparently pretty complicated in California.  She wants to get me all the information and come up with a communication plan before we talk to my boss.  She’ll follow up with me today or Monday to go over everything and come up with the plan.

I’ve started using the PrimaBella wristband.  It’s very weird.  I’ll probably dedicate a whole post to it later.  Let me just say now that it’s very hard to type with electrical impulses shooting down the nerves into your fingers on a 1 second cycle.

Now, I’m just trying to get through the rest of the day.  I’m feeling progressively worse.  I don’t want to drink my lovely, expensive Teavana tea that was so delicately and lovingly brewed.

I’m also waiting on my doctor to call back with yesterday’s blood draw results.  We are watching to make sure the HCG is rising appropriately.  The way I’m feeling, I’m going to bet that it is.

That’s all for now folks.  Watch my twitter feed if you’re curious about the blood results.  Feel free to follow me on twitter.  My only follower is my sister and a couple of folks who may or may not be spammers.  I don’t know.  I don’t really know how twitter works yet.  Help me to not feel lame!